Sunday, March 30, 2014

Starting down the Road

I want to begin with a Mission Statement of sorts. Nothing too formal, but at least a few words to outline my vision for how I want to use this forum.

First a little personal intro:



My name is Jacob. I really love the Triangle area. I was born in Durham, lived my entire pre-college life in Chapel Hill, and now live in Durham post-graduation. When I think about things this way, I see myself at a new beginning point: relatively fresh out of college, starting a post-academic career, and finding my way in this community as a young adult.

Bull City Half Marathon
October 2013
Even though I've grown up in the Triangle my whole life, I never truly appreciated just how vibrant and alive these cities were until moving to Durham almost 3 years ago. Eating at restaurants, walking around downtown, running on outdoor trails and just generally keeping an eye out for unique local experiences has really helped me to uncover a passion for participating in the community that I live in.

I want to use this blog to document these activities of local discovery. Hopefully it will sharpen my ability to process the sights, sounds, smells and emotions I experience and turn those sensations into content that can be shared with others.
Top Of the Hill Distillery Tour


My goal is that this blog will be interesting to view, read and watch, at least to some, and maybe inspire increased local exploration or community participation.

Thanks for reading, Stay curious, and keep Exploring.


St Pat's Pub Crawl - Raleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment