Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sam's Bottle Shop

Where1112 W. HWY 54, Durham, North Carolina 27705

HoursMon - Wed: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thu - Sat9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sun12:00 pm - 8:00 pm





@SamsBottleShop
https://www.facebook.com/samsbottleshop1

This past weekend I got to stop by Sam's new bottle shop, which recently had its grand opening April 10th. And let me say: I. Am. PUMPED for this new location.

I'm a big fan of the original Sam's Quik Shop on Erwin (it's right down the road from my apartment, the bottle selection is amazing, you can drink in the store while shopping, the unique hole-in-the-wall atmosphere etc. etc.) 

The only issue with the flagship store in my opinion (and its debatable whether this is really an issue), is that it doesn't give off a 'let's take a big group of friends there to go hang out' vibe. Which is mostly due to the limited size of the store.

I love meeting up with people at Sam's, and obviously so does the rest of Durham on Friday afternoons because it gets jam-packed, but it gets a bit too crowded for comfort sometimes.

The new Bottle Shop completely addresses this "issue". 

It has the same great beer selection (on tap and in bottles) that you get from Sam's Quik, with the addition of an upstairs section, increased floor space for easier in-store maneuverability (critical to shopping with a beer in hand), more beers on tap, AND an outdoor patio area. I know: now you're getting pumped too. It's understandable. 

Chalkboard with Tap List
Lots of Thirsty Customers
The Aerial View

Upstairs Taps
The patio is SWEET. Great view up there, and I'm positive it will be calling my name on summer afternoons in the near future.

It really is a great new space for Sam's, and I'm happy to see a Durham beer institution spreading it's wings and expanding within the Bull City!


Outside Upstairs Patio

No comments:

Post a Comment